So I just happened to log onto Apple's site today and noticed this article on Flash by Steve Jobs:
So in summary here is why Flash isn't going to be on iPad, iPhone & iPods.
1) Flash is not an "open" standard
2) Apple mobile devices can already access tons of video content
3) Flash's reliability, security and performance on Macs is not good
4) Battery life
5) Flash and touch interface not a match
6) The dependability of a third party between Apple and developers
This sounds reasonable to me but I wonder if there still aren't other behind the scenes reasons. I'm sure Apple wants to collect all revenue through the App Store. What do you think?